(urth) Silk is Calde!

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Wed Nov 5 03:57:22 PST 2008

Paul B. wrote:
> Tonight's events make me want to chalk it on walls.  I should think that
> even those who are opposed to Obama might find his image in the eyes of many
> to be similar to that of Silk for many of the Vironese
Indeed. Things didn't work out quite as well as the Vironese hoped in
the case of Silk, however:

1) People expected miracles and the favor of the gods when Silk himself
had lost faith.
2) It was soon business as usual for the corrupt Ayuntamiento.
2) Silk reached out for allies in a neighboring country, only to find
they had a hostile agenda of their own.
3) Many who followed his lead went to a greener world and found the
environment quite hostile.
4) Silk was far less popular on leaving office than when he started.

I hope things work out better for this Calde...