(urth) Interview Tidbit

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Sat Nov 29 10:45:15 PST 2008

>Agreed. It doesn't matter if Severian has a hairy chest or not. But the
>picture in Ouen's locket does. Separating the wheat from the chaff is the
>problem.

I'm with you Roy,
though I'm COMPELLED to point out that my question about a 'hairy chest' was only relevant to the DRAWINGS I'm making of Severian, not any interpretation of the text.

but that was a funny jab.  I'm sure a question like that seems REALLY strange to most folks here.  But try drawing a character all solid black (no shadings) with a bare chest and arms. It looks very weird & hardly heroic. Given that he's not some hulking slob of a Frazetta executioner, and instead a strapping young lad, you might also find that you just drew something that looks like it belongs on the wall of one of those leather daddy shops in the Castro.

for what it's worth.
~witz