(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 51, Issue 76

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Nov 28 14:42:00 PST 2008

I'm just now watching the "other" Dune movies---the miniseries---and they are much closer to the text. Really very well done.

The Lynch movie did often seem to miss the point, but I thought it did capture the mysticism of the Kwisatz Haderach/Abomination's visions in a visually poetic manner. I think that's what interested Lynch, who otherwise was drawn to grotesquery and decay, not superhuman evolution.

Weren't the sound weapons in the text?

Message: 2