(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatastasis

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:41:04 PST 2008

I don't want to give you the wrong idea--it's not like the ideas in
Rowling are especially deep and fascinating (although apparently
there's some alchemy stuff which is pretty intricate if you really
examine it)--but the books are fun and quick reads, and the idea of an
fantasy epic bildungsroman which is also an English boardingschool
tale which is also a series of whodunits is pretty cool.

But still, it's brain candy compared to Wolfe.