(urth) secular interpretations

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 20:53:59 PST 2008

SonOfWitz:  Do not read this post, it contains spoilers

<<The enlightenment of the outsider DOES wind up being a preprogrammed
message from Typhon and his mistress Mamelta (like Marlon Brando in
Superman), though Crane's interpretaion sounds lame at first.>>

Is this a commonly accepted interpretation?  I've only read through Long Sun
twice, but I can't at all see how this is the case!  It would certainly
change a lot of how I think about that book.  The Outsider seems to me to be
the genuine article.  Can you point me to some evidence of this?

Past that, I think the idea put forth that even the bad guys end up working
for the increate is a sound one.