(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatastasis

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Nov 25 16:22:36 PST 2008

>> nor me.  No one is interested in my beliefs here.
>
>Cathaholics, aka Recovering Catholics are not unique on the American scene.
>
>To evoke interest one must be interesting.

I replied to quickly.

I hope by that statement I didn't come off like I'm complaining that no one is interested in my beliefs.  I'm not.

I only meant that no one is here to learn about My Beliefs, we're here to talk about Gene Wolfe, so I'm trying to diminish any perception that the speculation I'm throwing out here is about my beliefs.

I have inserted some of my feelings about these myths, but only as texture to why I find this stuff so fascinating and beautiful.

but I do really mean to focus on what Wolfe has written here, not what any of us Believe about other myths.

I'd never heard the term Cathaholics. pretty good.  Thankfully I never abused it enough to get addicted such that I need to enter recovery.