(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatstasis

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Mon Nov 24 11:56:00 PST 2008

>But this is pretty far afield.  I'll only add that in my experience,
>converts to the Catholic Church tend to be more orthodox and more
>ardent in their views than cradle Catholics.

Fair enough. We've all met zealous converts.

>and the ones there are, such as the Filioque, are relatively minor
>issues compared to the disciplinary and organizational differences
>between the churches.

I said the same thing to an Orthodox believer.
boy, that was like stepping in Shit.
NOT a small matter to them.
that small doctrinal change leads to all the sorts of things I mentioned.

but I can't really argue that in depth, its just that I've been the one saying what you just wrote, and I had to hear about it for a LONG time and in much depth.  Jordon here was a witness, and it was a loaded, difficult discussion indeed.
It may be telling that the discussion was with a convert to Orthodoxy. ha!

~witz