(urth) Severian / Christ / Logos / Apocatstasis

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:48:22 PST 2008

I believe that the Orthodox Churches view Catholicism as a schismatic
church, as Catholicism views the Orthodox Churches.  Schism and heresy
are distinct.  There are very few theological differences between the
churches (the majority of issues you names are not theological issues)
and the ones there are, such as the Filioque, are relatively minor
issues compared to the disciplinary and organizational differences
between the churches.

But this is pretty far afield.  I'll only add that in my experience,
converts to the Catholic Church tend to be more orthodox and more
ardent in their views than cradle Catholics.