(urth) my father's mounted guard

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Nov 18 14:43:13 PST 2008

well, I won't argue Borski's theory for him because I haven't tried to parse it out thoroughly.  I believe he chalks up the "ridiculous" violation of "teh integrity of the story" by suggesting Machiavellian manipulations by Inire.
and, uh, what if he impregnated his concubine against all better advice.
I just caught this documentary on the Royal Bastards, so it doesn't seem all that far fetched.

but again, I don't find that much use in this theory.  It only adds to the court intrigue (a minor subtext if you ask me) and not to the meat of the story.  I do find it interesting though.

~witz