(urth) Silk is Calde!

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Wed Nov 5 11:42:54 PST 2008

I like that post about the myth being truer today. A very nice antidote for my cynicism. I voted for Obama, but I don't really believe the hype, even though I would like to.

>It brought a tear to my conservative eye.
>
>-Matt

One things for sure, (and no offense to you in particular Matt)
we need to stop labeling ourselves as Conservative or Liberal.
We as a people have so much common ground, we shouldn't let extremists get away with polarizing WE into US & THEM.  They pull us away from our commonality.

Furthermore, they're sort of useless.  "Conservatives" usually espouse "Liberal" economics.  "Liberals" often unwittingly support policies that reek of modern fascism.

Anyone, with ANY sense, is conservative about some things and liberal about others.