(urth) AEG: Is AEG Lovecraftian?

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:15:43 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net> wrote:

> The US Navy act as agents of the bad American President and pursue Bill Reis
> for his gold. Reis uses that gold, however, to direct them against the Squid
> God. If the US President, his navy and other agencies are not made virtuous
> as such, they are at least properly directed against the greater evil of the
> malevolent underwater alien.
>
> Nigel

Yes, but I'm not sure how much Wolfe can condone this - he spent time
as a soldier, and so I imagine he's pretty sympathetic to the poor
suckers on the boats, who, through no fault of their own, end up in a
battle with an eldritch horror. Surely Reis could have found a better
way to tell the US about the Squid God? One that didn't result in mass
destruction of US forces?

-Matt