(urth) Stingray

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:08:43 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net> wrote:
> Thanks for that, James. I'd forgotten about that marionette reference in
> OBW.
>
> There's the story "The Toy Theater" in TIoDDaOSaOS too. That's all about
> marionettes.
>
> I started this thread as a sort of joke on myself, but now I'm really
> beginning to wonder!
>
> Nigel

And "Strange Birds" from the chapbook of the same name. Have we ever
discussed those two stories here? I thought they were pretty good, but
I'm not sure how many people actually ordered the chapbook. Well at
least Mr. Gevers read it:
http://slaughterhousestudios.blogspot.com/2006/05/strange-birds-indeed.html

Minor spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"Strange Birds" actually features the return of Stromboli [sic?] from
"The Toy Theater". I guess Wolfe does have a thing for puppets and
puppeteers.

-Matt