(urth) Cabin on the Coast question

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Mon May 26 15:53:54 PDT 2008

I was rereading some stories in "Endangered Species" and I had a
question: what is Tim wearing in the final scene?

There are two possible answers:
1) Swimming trunks.
He swam out to the black freighter in his trunks, so it would make sense
for him to return in them, if they still fit...

2) Nothing.
If things will "stand so again" as on the day Lissy vanished, Tim
started that day naked in bed.

In either case, especially the latter, Lissy's reaction to "Big Tim" is
disturbing. She doesn't scream at a naked or almost-naked man barging in
on her. She talks to him casually. Are we to infer that she has also
been the lover of "Big Tim?"