(urth) Seven Anerican Nights Forgery

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Thu May 8 21:40:30 PDT 2008

Here are more indications that the forgery theory is correct.

1) Did Nadan tell anyone he was keeping a journal?

He told the curator, "I had been writing a great deal before I came
here."  That could be letters, but if they intercepted his mail and
found they weren't that long, then they might deduce there was a journal.

2) What else did he let slip to the curator?

He praised the acting of Bobby and Ardis. Soon after, they became
involved with him. Perhaps the police orchestrated this.

By agreeing to the curator's perfumed letter example he revealed that he
had a girlfriend at home. Was the Yasmine look-alike prostitute a spy?

3) Any other indications of early police interest?

The night he encountered the werewolf, Nadan had a feeling he was being
followed. Just before the werewolf attacked "a flicker of scarlet caught
my attention."  He attributed it to moonlight, but why would that be
scarlet? More likely it was the red targeting beam of his shadower's
gun.  Nadan had no time to aim. The shot that killed the werewolf was
probably not his own.

4) Any other cases of unusual luck that might indicate the police plot?

The disappearance of Terry from the theater, leading to his performance
on the night his room was searched.

6) Are there any indications of what the curator's plot was about?

The word "Sardinia" appeared in the fake document the curator showed
him. The famous battle of Sardinia was between Greece and Persia (Iran).
Persia lost.

5) How does the style of the supposed forged part compare to the rest
of the writing?

It's a bad pastiche. "...in one way or another I will see to it that I
never return to corrupt the clean wombs of the women of our enduring
race." Nothing that Nadan wrote before is that bad.

The next paragraph is supposedly written in the midst of an LSD trip,
but it's in complete sentences with perfect grammar and punctuation. If
it were real he would scrawl a few disjointed words or write nothing at all.