(urth) Cabin on the Coast Question

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Fri May 30 05:49:26 PDT 2008

So far, we've only talked about physical evidence for the Daniel/Lissy
theory. If it's true, there should also be clues in the dialog that all
is not well with the Tim/Lissy relationship.

1) The relationship has barely started and Tim is pushing for marriage.
    "We've made a mistake," he said. "I was trying to fix it just now."

2) Tim says her dying in childbirth is "the risk I have to take."

3) Lissy hopes Tim won't end up looking like his father. Tim says he will.

4) Tim has no problem with the fact that his mother gave birth to him
alone while his father went to a political convention.

5) He doesn't answer her challenge about "Traditional roles... The woman
has the babies and keeps the home fires burning."

6) He offers her a giant hot dog the same size as his instead of asking
her how much she wants.

7) He doesn't honor her wish to sleep on the beach. He carries her back
inside when she falls asleep.

Tim may have started to look like an old-fashioned male chauvinist to
Lissy. She might well consider other boyfriends, like the glamorous King
Daniel. (I'm sure he could put out a lot of glamor in the old sense of
the word).

I expect that nothing physical happened between her and the King on that
first visit when he left a damp towel. He just made her an offer and got
her thinking. She made her decision the next morning when she left Tim
asleep and went out to find Daniel.