(urth) difference engine

Robert Thornton oblate777 at speakeasy.net
Wed May 14 03:00:38 PDT 2008

I agree about Schismatrix. It is a great book and his most ambitious
work though later books are better written IMHO. As far as his later
work, I am a big fan of Distraction but otherwise I'm not very fond of
them. I think his short stories are better. Of course I like the older
story where my hometown Rockville, Maryland becomes the center of
global power thanks to biotech....

As for Difference Engine, I'd agree with the majority view. The ending
was interesting but you had to slog through a lot of dreck to get there.

rob t.