(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

James Crossley ishmael at drizzle.com
Mon May 12 14:03:30 PDT 2008

On 5/12/08 1:36 PM, "Patrick Pottorff" <happyguy99993 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  To think, I had to read "Pride and Prejudice" for no reward. Damn.

It¹s sad to think that someone could read P&P without finding it rewarding.

I¹m (mainly) a lurker on the list of a few years¹ standing who lives in
Seattle, which I mention in case someone is cataloguing member locations.
I¹m imagination- and language-driven in my reading, so I mostly read what¹s
called literary fiction, but there¹s a good bit of SF/fantasy that makes the
cut‹Wolfe, obviously, especially BOTNS, Peace, Fifth Head and the Soldier
books, but also Jeff VanderMeer, Avram Davidson, China Mieville, M. John
Harrison, Kelly Link, John Crowley and the like.  I¹ll be picking up Evil
Guest as soon as it comes out, but what I¹m really looking forward to this
year is Roberto Bolano¹s 2666, out in November.

James Crossley