(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Oliver Wakefield radontrooper at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 14:32:14 PDT 2008

Thanks alot for the input guys. From what your saying it seems Wolfe has always been a bit of a curiosity. It has vexed me no end trying to work out why, Ive never read a better book and I have read quite a few. However I did lend the shadow of the torturer to a friend and he couldnt get past a few pages. It is a slow read I suppose but the story even at the outer level was exciting to me. I can't help but think much of why Wolfe doesn't sell. The UK edition has a cover which advertiises a pulply epic fantasy rather that what BOTN is.

About myself - I'm in the first year on a degree doing war studies (miliitary history mainly) at the University of Birmingham. I live in Cornwall when not at uni. My reading tastes are relatively wide but I enjoy fantasy (though the majority as you say is rubbish) and am just breaching sci-fi. Faviourites include - China Mieville (don't know if hes known in the US), Pullman when I was younger, Starship Troopers, The Forever War, I am Legend, The Dark Tower. I have only yet read BOTN and a part of Urth of the New Sun.

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/