(urth) Off-topic Question

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:43:22 PDT 2008

> You probably want to look at Doyle's shift to spiritualism following the
> death of his son.
>
> Adam

Thanks. I know a bit about Doyle's spiritualism, but not terribly much. I
know it shows up in some of his later work, like the Prof. Challenger
stories. But you're right - I need to investigate further.

New addition to the "Irreligious" list: Mark Twain? Some detective-ish
stories, and some of the great anti-religion quips.

In a similar vein - Did Ambrose Bierce ever write mysteries? I know he
starred in some by the recently-deceased Oakley Hall, but did he ever
actually *write* any?

-Matt