(urth) Urth of The New Sun

oblate777 at speakeasy.net oblate777 at speakeasy.net
Wed May 14 06:47:15 PDT 2008

On Wed May 14  9:36 , Oliver Wakefield <radontrooper at hotmail.com> sent:

>I am finding Urth harder than BOTN. Its writing style is perhaps easier to
follow but it moves more into the >metaphysics of the "Sun" universe, and as a
person who is not so good at understanding such things it can be
>difficult. I would say this book is probably vital if your into understanding
what happened in New Sun,
>though it is certainly a coda and BOTN is perfectly apt by itself. Whats the
general consensus on Urth. Did >those who have read it enjoy it?

I enjoyed Urth. However, my strategy for Wolfe is generally "read and enjoy the
first round and leave the analysis till later readings." If I tried to analyze
during the first round I would get all tangled up.

rob t.