(urth) Steampunk books

Steven Hall sghall at comcast.net
Wed May 14 06:18:27 PDT 2008

To add to this, science fiction is well understood to be about the
present in which it was written, not the future.

Steampunk, then, is a combination of alternate history and science
fiction.  It is what we imagine the science fiction of the Victoria era
might have been.

Or to put it another way: in the present, we go back to the past to
re-imagine the future.

Steve