(urth) Other SF writers?

Oliver Wakefield radontrooper at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 03:56:47 PDT 2008

Pedro Pereira <domus_artemis at hotmail.com> writes:> Nope. Yes, I have more of an hard sci-fi bent, but I like every kind of> literature, including fantasy. Notice that some of the books I> recomended are not even really sci-fi, or hard-sci-fi.

Personally in the past I used to head toward fantasy. But in the end I couldn't stand the whole Orcs and Elves and Dwarves dross. Tolkein was fine hes an original. But alot of the authors that line store bookshelves are just copying his world to some degree. Fantasys about imagination and theres no real imagination in alot out there, but I suppose the whole Tolkein copying thing sells.
Thats why I moved to sci-fi really. I can't say ive read that much yet. Dune is what i'm going to read next. Does anyone reccomend it?