(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Tim Walters walters at doubtfulpalace.com
Mon May 12 10:42:43 PDT 2008

Moorcock is wildly uneven, but his best books (MOTHER LONDON and GLORIANA)
are very much worth reading. I would also add BETWEEN THE WARS (the
four-volume novel beginning with BYZANTIUM ENDURES), with the caveat that
it's quite long, takes the unreliable/unlikeable narrator technique about
as far as it can go, and won't appeal to everyone.

I also recommend Paul Park, Kelly Link, and Robert Aickman, who share many
of Wolfe's best qualities, and John Crowley, who isn't much like Wolfe but
is equally good.

--
Tim Walters | http://doubtfulpalace.com