(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Matthew Knight jacobeiserman at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:27:52 PDT 2008

I think I'm the first Canadian to chime in here.  I'm 25, I teach music and
English in a high school in Winnipeg, and I first read the Severian books
about ten years ago when the Science Fiction Book Club was offering them as
an omnibus.  I read it all, enjoyed it and found it pretty confusing.  Then
about three years ago I saw the Short Sun books in the discount bin at my
local bookstore.  Bought those, read them, went after the rest of the Sun
books, then started branching out to Wolfe's other works.

I have managed to get my brother to read the New Sun series as well as Fifth
Head of Cerberus.  I signed up to this list mostly because I'm not smart
enough to decipher Wolfe on my own (sad, but true).  I believe it was
"Tracking Song" that finally made me seek outside help.

Is anyone else noticing that there aren't a lot of women on this list?

Matt