(urth) How list works and questions to mailers

Matthew Keeley matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 06:07:11 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Martinus Scriblerus <
martinus.scriblerus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know of several other Patrick O'Brian enthusiasts who also read Gene
> Wolfe. Both writers of rich and thought-provoking prose. How do you
> find the description of Boston in "The Fortune of War"?

The Fortune of War is actually the last O'Brian book I read. I'm tempted to
start in on The Surgeon's Mate tonight, but I somehow think studying is a
wiser choice.

Obviously Boston has changed a lot since Jack and Stephen were there, but it
was neat to read about them going to places I'm familiar with - though I've
never had quite as "exciting" a time as Stephen did, what with all those
shady Frenchmen...

When I'm back in Boston, I'm planning to get some friends together to go
visit the U.S.S. Constitution, which is still docked in Boston.

-Matt