(urth) Sev's common lineage

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Mon Jun 30 06:15:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:59:47 +1000 b sharp
<bsharporflat at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Some of the age issues
>seem to bend your family theory almost to
>the breaking point, though I've always thought of Casdoe as being
>in her 30's.

Which ones in particular? The only odd part I can see is that
Casdoe, whether in her 20's or in her 30's, seems young compared to
her father's age. But that's not anything to do with my
interpretation: it's in the text. Assuming nobody's lying about
anything, he certainly has to be over 80.

(The question is: how old was Rudesind 70 years ago, when he was a
boy? If he was 12, say, that makes him 82, and Fechin has to be
older than that, assuming your self-porttrait interpretation isn't
correct.  And Casdoe's father is a contemporary of Fechin's.)

Everything I've made up seems to fit together quite nicely as far
as I can see, in terms of ages. And it's certainly simpler (for
whatever that's worth) than having to bring in time travel and
khaibits.