(urth) UotNS question

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:14:15 PDT 2008

James,

That was my first reaction. I didn't like it at all on first reading,
and thought
it was basically a dumbing-down of the series by giving away stuff that
we were meant to figure out for ourselves.

But the opinions of some on this list sent me to a second reading, and I
realized that there's a great deal more in the book, a great deal that is
added to Severian's story by having it there.