(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Tue Jun 10 06:10:38 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 03:52:47AM -0500, Roy C. Lackey wrote:

> I have always thought that the Ship really was there to stage the eclipse
> that saved Sev's bacon. The eclipse was not a coincidence. Obviously, it is
> a physical impossibility for any vessel to transport or even come near a
> black hole, so if the Hierogrammates are the ones who put it in the sun, and
> regardless of when it happened, how was the deed done?

Err, not impossible at all.  The easiest way to transport a black hole would
be to dump a bunch of electrons into it and then use an electrical field to
move it around.  If you had a big enough mass and enough time, you could
also just use gravity to move one around.

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain