(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Mon Jun 9 02:06:54 PDT 2008

Dave Tallman wrote:

>Roy seems to be theorizing that Wolfe started with a heroic story and
>then converted it to a horror story when his original happy ending
>wouldn't work.

I suppose one might draw that conclusion from what I have said in this
latest round of an old argument, but that's not my position. In past
discussions I argued that the Hierogrammates *were* operating on orders from
On High because, much as you just said, and though my perspective is
different from yours, I don't think Wolfe would have written an epic "horror
story", Peter Wright's views not withstanding.

-Roy