(urth) Wolfe's decision to write "Urth"

Chris Laybourn laybournchris at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:25:43 PDT 2008

Someone touched on this in an earlier email but I'm new and trying to fill in a lot of blanks.

It was mentioned that Wolfe did not intend to write "Urth" when he wrote Book of the New Sun.   Why then did he write it?  Too much pressure from the publisher to add a coda to the popular series?

If it was not in his original plans, do we know from interviews or elsewhere how much of the details of Urth of the New Sun were etched out during the writing of Book of the New Sun?  Had he even conceived the flood, Tzadkiel, Yesod, etc...?