(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Sat Jun 7 17:43:25 PDT 2008

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 09:58:21 +1000 Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
wrote:

>> As it turned out in UOTNS, I don't think there were any violent
>> upheavals? Baldanders speaks of gravity waves which he can
>detect,
>> and which may be enough to tinkle the bells in Valeria's
>audience
>> hall, but that seems to be about it.
>
>Other than the flooding that submerges Nessus, the Citadel, the
>House
>Absolute, and all land features previously within sight of the
>area?

Sorry, I meant earthquakes and such, not flooding, which I assumed
was caused by the New Sun melting the ice. Roy was speculating
whether a White Fountain created inside the sun would have been
less destructive than the tidal forces or whatever of one whizing
past Urth on its way to the sun.

But looking back at Baldanders' speech to Valeria, I think I was
wrong: he speaks of these forces warming the "dead heart" of Urth &
implies that volcanic activity etc will ensure. So my original
comment was probably wrong.