(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Sat Jun 7 06:51:35 PDT 2008

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 17:16:02 +1000 Dave Tallman
<davetallman at msn.com> wrote:

>The teachings of the Conciliator didn't paint a rosy picture at
>all:
>
>Declan wished to know how Urth would fare when the New Sun came;
>and I,
>understanding little more than he did himself, drew upon Dr.
>Talos's
>play, never thinking that in a time yet to come Dr. Talos's play
>would
>be drawn from my words.
>
>Earlier:
>I thought of Dr. Talos's play, in which the ground shakes and Jahi

>says:
>"The end of Urth, you fool. Go ahead and spear her. It's the end
>for you
>anyway."
>
>If the majority of his followers forgot that and turned it into a
>rosy
>promise of utopia that wasn't the Conciliator's fault.

That doesn't really have anything to do with my point, which is
just that in the combined BOTNS + UOTNS narrative, eidolon-
Malrubius and Apheta both lied and/or acted to deceive concering
the effects and the purpose of the New Sun. (The deception seems to
have been part of a long-running program, because the old Autarch
and presumably his predecessors had been deceived also.)

I also don't think it has much to do with Roy's point, which
concerned the possible discontinuity between BOTNS and UOTNS.