(urth) Sev the Murderer

John Smith jsmith2627 at att.net
Thu Jun 5 09:35:57 PDT 2008

Vodalus is like Robin Hood.  He lives in the woods and
battles the evil king.   At least this is what
Severian believes at the time.  He has a romantic view
of the outlaw-rebel, which explains why he kills a man
to protect Vodalus.

Of course, Vodalus is not really fighting for freedom
and justice.  But Sev only learns later what Vodalus
really stands for.