(urth) citing, the ladder

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 18:20:58 PDT 2008

I apologize john I am exceptionally guilty of not citing with my travelling job and always accessing the internet through the phone.  There is a scene in Lake of the Long Sun where Silk is trapped under the whorl and immediately before he runs into the chambers sealed by pas he thinks of resting until his mother comes.  Blue eyed mamelta is then awakened, and there is a scene where Silk descends the ladder to see the stars and realize his position in the universe that is jarringly presented with his glance up Mameltas legs.  In this scene he sees his origin in both the universe and in the corporeal sense, catching sight of the womb that conceived him and the primordial mass of space that gave birth to man.