(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 21 19:12:37 PDT 2008

"Matthew King" <automatthew at gmail.com> writes:

> Unless you don't like gory horror novels, which these are,
> notwithstanding their SFnal milieu.  This is not to gainsay Dan'l, just
> to warn you what you're signing up for.

Er... well, I sort of see where you're getting that if I squint, but
there's way, way more gory stuff out there, and I don't think the Hyperion
books can really be classified as horror.

Heart-rending, yes.  The Scholar's Tale gets me every time.

Simmons is a much more straightforward writer than Wolfe, and Hyperion is
more of a traditional space opera.