(urth) Wolfe Heretic?

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:30:03 PDT 2008

Hm.  Well, that phrase "The word Fatah is prominently used for the Islamic
expansion in the first centuries of Islamic history, and so has strongly
positive connotations for Muslims" certainly appears often enough on blogs
and Wikipedia as Google finds.  No "established" sources corroborate it
though, and it's worrying that it's always the same exact phrase.

I'd never heard of it before, so I'm still skeptical, but I now know what
was meant.

In that case, I amend my reply about the justice of the crusades to "It is
not a sensible moral response to say that injustice following other
injustice is somehow more just".  Yes, the Muslims were certainly invaders,
but does it mean that another, wholly unrelated conqueror is somehow more
justified in conquering them in turn?
This is different from a punishment for past moral wrongs, that wasn't the
purpose here.

Paul