(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:55:39 PDT 2008

My wild theory as to the origin of the black hole in the sun is the panther
from *Soldier of Sidon*.  Of course, it's far from established that the
Latro books take place in the same universe as the Urth books, but this is
tantalizing:

"We call him Angra Manyu.  He has but one name among us, but many others
among other peoples.  *He is the thing that eats the stars.*"  (Sidon 155,
emphasis mine.)