(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Jul 17 06:53:54 PDT 2008

The concept of 'the planet Earth', is very new. Planets are lights that
wander around in the sky. Earth is either the ground or the plane of the
ecliptic (cf "Hamlet's Mill" for this last one). Celestial objects are
thought of as having intelligences and spirits, which are integrated into
the pseudo-Dionysian hierarchy.

What are we arguing about? Since the ancients didn't have a concept of
'the planet Earth' I don't have any problem admitting that they did not
attribute the characteristics of a celestial body to it.

.