(urth) Wolfe Heretic?

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Wed Jul 16 11:17:35 PDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 1:06 PM, John Watkins wrote:

> Oh, no, I don't think he's in the Mel Gibson camp.  Some of his non-
> mainstream views seem to be, if anything, on the other side--he
> apparently gives great salvific power to faith in non-Christian
> religions, and even to faith in religions with explicitly false or
> evil gods, and he believes (or says he believes, of course) that
> pagan gods were real beings but not demons.  So I'd say he's on the
> broad-minded side of orthodox Catholicism.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Is it actually a permitted doctrine in Catholicism
that faith in non-Christian religions can have salvific power?
Doesn't that explicitly contradict John 14:6?  Which is *another* of
what I--brought up in, admittedly, a faith without, to be kind, much
of a formal intellectual tradition--considered to be one of those
bedrock passages.

Adam