(urth) What's So Great About Ushas

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:19:24 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The source of the White Fountain is Severian's mating with Apheta. The
> H/Ys knew that would happen, and brought Severian to Yesod specifically
> to do this. Due to their freedom of time, they knew the results of creating
> it. Ergo, they bear moral responsibility for its effects.

Really?  I had always had a hard time picturing Severian literally giving
birth to an astrophysical anomaly by having sex with an alien.  I'd assumed
it was something he was told or decided for himself since he spent his time
in Yesod doing Apheta instead of asking some much-warranted questions.

> --
> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant

Paul