(urth) Whorl arithmetic -- Fibonacci sequence

Paul Zinn-Justin pzinn at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Thu Jul 3 21:12:06 PDT 2008

Hi,
First post here, as a mathematician I felt compelled to respond...
Unfortunately your base 9 theory does not work.
The reason is, note that in your quote it is never mentioned that one
should consider only the *first* terms of the Fibonacci series.
In fact, the correct property is
"the 7th term in any sequence of 10 successive numbers from the
Fibonacci series is the eleventh of the sum of the sequence"
however, if you replace 10 with 9 and 7 with 6, the property is no more
true. (in other words, the equality you mention with 88 is a coincidence).

Paul