(urth) Sev's common lineage (another Catherine candidate)

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Thu Jul 3 21:08:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:42:11 -0700 "Roy C. Lackey"
<rclackey at stic.net> wrote:

>Btw, if the woman Sev saw in the loggia on the last day of Urth
>had anything
>to do with his birth, and if the last day of Urth never happened
>because
>there was no New Sun, then she would never have been taken back in

>time that
>day, whether to give birth to him or simply to go nuts in a cell
>or to
>provide a convenient corpse in the necropolis. In other words, if
>Silk's
>visit stopped the coming of the New Sun, I don't think Sev would
>even have
>existed for Silk to meet, particularly if Catherine was born in
>his future.

For me, of course, this is an argument against the woman being
Catherine. I'm sticking to my Catherine = Ouen's sister story, at
least until I make up one I like better :)

As to who this woman is: no idea! But shortly after we hear Valeria
being told that the cacogens have landed a man and a woman in the
grounds of the House Absolute. Maybe ...?