(urth) Forging Terminus Est

dcooperv dcooperv at mail.rochester.edu
Thu Jul 3 01:22:36 PDT 2008

Re: John Smith,
Don't take this personally, but one inch at the spine is much too thick. To be a
good cutter (particularly of flesh) a blade needs to be fairly thin. Given a
blade with a realistic/practical thickness, one wouldn't be unable to pour in
enough mercury to make any useful difference.
Second, there were once some Mid-Eastern (or Indian, I can't remember which)
made with rolling beads set in a channel, called "the tears of the afflicted."
These were more for decoration than anything practical though.
Finally, IIRC Sword Forum International once had a discussion of exactly this
issue (Wolfe and Terminus Est were even mentioned by name); I'll send you all a
link later today.

-Dan Vince