(urth) Terminus Est

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:16:38 PDT 2008

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0312890176/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

That's the cover of Shadow and Claw, with a pretty good picture.  TE
is actually a copy of a common medieval executioner's sword, like this
one:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NbJ7tGRdKh0/SA5jUTfngHI/AAAAAAAAAhg/02p19YKx228/DSC01101.JPG

Except of course it has the mercury channel, which I ran by some
swordsmith friends of mine who told me that it wouldn't be possible to
actually make a mercury channel and fill it with mercury and have the
sword retain enough strength.  The spine of the sword is actually what
gives it its strength.

Lane