(urth) Sev's common lineage

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:01:06 PDT 2008

Thalassocrat wrote:
>The only odd part I can see is that Casdoe, whether in her 20's or in her 30's, seems young
>compared to her father's age. But that's not anything to do with my interpretation: it's in the
>text. Assuming nobody's lying about anything, he certainly has to be over 80. (The question
>is: how old was Rudesind 70 years ago, when he was a boy? If hewas 12, say, that makes him
>82, and Fechin has to be older than that, assuming your self-porttrait interpretation isn't correct.
>And Casdoe's father is a contemporary of Fechin's.)

Yes,  having a man in his 80's father someone in their 20's-30's is possible but a stretch. I was
only hinting that my ideas might help:  if Fechin is Dorcas' husband instead of father and the
portrait of Rudesind is a self-portrait, then it rolls everyone's age back about 15 years and the
ages fit nicely. That might mess up other aspects of your scenario though, not sure.