(urth) Breakfast with Apheta

Paul B pb.stuff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:43:56 PDT 2008

Well, they do ostensibly have some surplus autarch testicles lying around...
Which incidentally brings up an interesting inconsistency:  if I remember
correctly, the reason given for the castration of Epitome candidates is to
prevent them from forming dynasties, but this measure would clearly not work
for the majority of autarchs who apparently never even went to Yesod.
(Severian seems to have trouble recalling others besides Ymar and his
predecessor)
It's an odd rule to apply to a minor, and perhaps better, part of the pool.
Nevertheless, there don't seem to be dynasties anyway.

Paul