(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:44:46 PDT 2008

And in all fairness, one should as well pick up "Endymion" and "The
Rise of Endymion" to round out the series, although the first two
Hyperion Cantos are superior.

But "gory horror novels?"  Really? I could see pseudo-cyberpunk  (the
first two), homage to Chaucer and Keats, and mystic fantasy (the last
two), but I don't recall there being a whole lot of gore.  The
descriptions of the Tree of Pain were not pleasant, but were hardly
gory, at least as I am imagining "gore."

Lane