(urth) Valeria

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 20:13:15 PDT 2008

Dave Tallman, again kudos for your research! If the source of the sundial
inscriptions had been tracked down before I was unaware of it. Still, unlike
the slam dunk of your three Contessa maids all being beheaded, I don't find
the connection between the inscriptions compelling. Perhaps there is no
individual significance to them but only a collective significance that Valeria
is connected to the distant past of Urth (or distant future of Earth?).  I'll note
that the animal statues in the Atrium of Time have the names of South
American fossil creatures (barylamdas, arctothers, glyptodons and smilodons).

Connecting Valeria to Typhon might prove fruitful.  I am reminded that another
denizen of the Citadel, the Mandragora, is probably related to Typhon (I think
only these two characters show evidence of telepathy in BotNS).

-bsharp