(urth) Wolfe Heretic?

Thomas Bitterman tom at bitterman.net
Fri Jul 18 10:52:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Paul B <pb.stuff at gmail.com> wrote:

> In that case, I amend my reply about the justice of the crusades to "It is
> not a sensible moral response to say that injustice following other
> injustice is somehow more just".

This puts self-defense in a difficult position.

> Yes, the Muslims were certainly invaders, but does it mean that another,
> wholly unrelated conqueror is somehow more justified in conquering them in
> turn?

Yes.  In short, see World War 2.  In a little more depth, the Crusades were
just another in a long line of wars between countries.  There is nothing
especially heinous about them that sets them apart from many other wars.
The idea that the big bad Christians sucker-punched the peace-loving natives
is not based in reality.

Paul

Enamel