(urth) Wolfe Heretic?

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Wed Jul 16 10:56:57 PDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 12:48 PM, John Watkins wrote:
> Wolfe is not a heretic.  He plays with extra-orthodox but not
> unorthodox ideas, if that's clear--he believes or seems to believe
> many things that are permissible but not required for a Catholic,
> but I've yet to encounter an overt endorsement of some doctrine that
> Catholics are forbidden to hold in his works.

So--and I mean this less snarkily than it sounds--he's sort of in the
Mel Gibson camp then?

Come to think of it, most of the dualisms I can think of are probably
anti-Manichean, as they demonstrate that the demiurgic creation is a
fatally flawed creation which ends up evilly even with good initial
intent.  (_Memorare_, here, or indeed the _WK_ cosmology)

Adam